Frequently Asked Questions
We know you have questions, and we’re here to help!
- Safety Record – Ask the company about their safety record and safety programs. They should be able to offer references, such as regulatory agencies that will attest to their safety record as well as any safety programs they are enrolled in or perform within their organization.
- Regulatory Agencies – Each state has an agency regulating its propane industry. These agencies and regulatory commissions oversee all activities regarding the LP Gas industry within their respective state. Although state regulators probably can’t recommend any particular propane company, they may be able to provide information about safety records and compliance if requested.
- NPGA and State Propane Gas Associations – Association memberships ensure that the propane company stays up to date and informed about safety issues and compliance within the propane industry.
- Company Policies – Ask about any policies such as out of gas procedures, service fees or pricing structures that may better work with your budget or give you peace of mind.
- Better Business Bureau – The BBB is an excellent source of information to find out about company history and reputation.
The very best advice is to choose a company based on their references, reputation and safety record…not solely their price. Your safety and that of your family depends on it. What if your insurance company was reliable only 85% of the time? Choose your propane supplier wisely.